In 12 hours I will board a bus which will take me to an airport which will house the plane which I will board which will take me halfway around the world which is where I will live for the next year... how can I describe this?
It feels like:
Taking a blind step off of a cliff onto a bridge that is real and everyone tells you is sturdy but it just seems so puny compared to the unknown abyss beneath it...
Waiting hungrily for some food that someone else ordered to arrive, confident that it will be tasty but looking for any possible clue to figure out what it really is...
Staring at all of the wrapped up boxes under the Christmas tree knowing that a few of those are for you and you're so close to opening them but you have to wait just a little longer...
Walking down the street and having the eerie feeling that someone is going to jump out of that bush behind you and you want to run but you don't because you're a reasonable adult and no one actually jumps out from bushes...
Standing at the cross-roads of life and feeling the breezes and buffets of change swirl around you and just taking a deep breath because it's not often that you find yourself at the very verge of your life...
You're going to be a little nauseous... but you want to do a cartwheel anyway...