That which is most universal is most personal, indeed there is nothing human which is strange to us.
-Nouwen

The harvest is here...

The harvest is here...
The kingdom is near...

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A bike is a girl's best friend... so I've heard.

Seriously, I am terrified of riding bikes.

I can see that my hands are trembling, I can see that my legs are weak, I can see that my head is spinning, but I will overcome.

There is no part of me that is comfortable or confident on a bike, it is just not my nature or experience. I get nauseous even thinking about riding next to buses, taxis, and these weird bike/cart situations, much more so actually weaving in and out of electric scooters, gaping potholes, people carrying their weight in vegetables, random herds of cattle, women with small children and old men hobbling along with canes.

And I know that my heart is hurting, and I know that my soul it aches, and I know that it seems I'm failing, but I will overcome.

So I am scared. Scared of falling off, running into someone, hurting myself, causing an accident, looking a fool, and the way that potential disasters seem to be amplified once on two wheels.

But I know that everyone in this city rides bikes. I know that if I will ever be a part of life here I too will ride a bike.

I am strong in You, I am wise in You, I can see in You, and I will overcome.
I am loved by You, I am free in You, I'm complete in You, and I will overcome.

And I will not give way to fear.




He has promised to bring the good work that He started in you to completion...
And He's more committed to that than you are.

Are they looking out or in?